Re: IPSEC WORKING GROUP LAST CALL

Regarding the first point below (data recovery), on a scale of  1-5 for
strongly agree-strongly disagree, I think I would choose 10. Data recovery
is an application issue.  IP is (prior to IPSEC) simply an unreliable
connectionless datagram service.  The two are completely unrelated by
definition.  Unless of course, by data recovery, the contributor means key
escrow, or in plain language - sanctioned eavesdropping, in which case my
response, on a scale of 1-5, is 10,000.  Moreover, the argument would seem
to actually go to the reverse.  If IPSEC were to mandate data recovery, or
key escrow, then the grass roots will simply use something else, or use
application layer encryption to render the "data recovery" mechanism
useless.

Regards,
Mitch Nelson