RE: Certificate Requesting

>   From: Greg Carter <greg.carter@entrust.com>
>   Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 14:51:49 -0500
>
>   I would not interpret this to mean that I can arbitrarily extend the
>   exchange. There is plenty of opportunity to send the cert request during
>   the defined exchange.
>
>The text I quoted is from the ISAKMP document; within the context of
>ISAKMP, there can be an arbitrary number of round-trips.  IKE rides on

Hi Ted,
Can you point me to where in ISAKMP that it states arbitrary number of
round trips are allowed?  All I could find was text to the contrary.

>From Section 2.1

Exchange Type - An exchange type is a specification of the number of
messages in an ISAKMP exchange, and the payload types that are contained
in each of those messages.

What's the purpose of specifying the number of messages in an exchange
if the number can be arbitrarily modified?
Thanks.
Bye
----
Greg Carter, Entrust Technologies