IPSec Policy Model draft

Roy Pereira writes:

> Internet Engineering Task Force             R. Pereira, TimeStep Corp.
> IP Security Working Group                   P. Bhattacharya, IBM Corp.

>    IsakmpDescriptor ::=
>      SEQUENCE {
>        exchange ENUMERATED {
>          MainMode,
>          AggressiveMode } OPTIONAL,
>        proposal SEQUENCE OF IsakmpProposal
>      }
>
>    o The main ISAKMP object mainly includes proposals, but also
>      includes which exchange to utilize.  AggressiveMode does not
>      hide the identity of the negotiating peers, while MainMode does.
>      Please refer to [Harkins98] for a more complete reference to
>      both of these two exchange modes.
>
>      The exchange mode MAY not be included in this object since it
>      MAY instead depend on the peers.
>
>    o The proposals are all taken as logical ORs when presented
>      together.

Thank you both for such a clear and concise document!  Even though I
wasn't entirely familiar with the notation, I quickly found the text
well organized, unambiguous and simple to understand.  It took me less
than 5 minutes to read and digest the contents of the document.  This
draft should be a model for future draft authors.

ben