Re: IPSEC tunnels and Mobile IP

> IMNSHO, Mobile IP is for mobile units. ie cars, tanks, soldiers, and
> pedestrians.  A notebook I plug into a phone jack in a hotel, car dealer,
> or conference LAN does not need Mobile IP, only IPsec.

While not disagreeing in principle, I'd like to note that there is
tremendous utility in using a dynamically assigned IP address from the
wireless provider and setting up IPSEC tunneling associations
authenticated by user identity.  In this way, a laptop can be mobile
throughout a large wireless service structure and maintain secure
connections without the necessity for level 3 handoffs.

Hilarie