Re: IPSEC WORKING GROUP LAST CALL

> >>I understand this.  I am certain that this requirement will not change for
> >>the forseeable future, regardless of our consensus.  I am also certain that
> >>this requirement can be met, in a manner that would satisfy our community...
> >
> >A significant fraction of the community will not be satisfied by any
> >protocol which incorporates key recovery.  The objection is not to the
> >technical details of key recovery, but to its presence in any form.
> >

> My view is that it's just another tool to be used to solve certain types of
> problems.  Whether you realize it or not, we have been outmaneuvered by other
> communities with different desires.

It's not really "outmaneuvered"; it's more like conceding the low-ground.
The only justification for key recovery in a communications product (as
opposed to a stored-data product) is to facillitate evesdropping. We don't
want to "solve" that problem-- and in fact don't view lack of key recovery
as a problem in the first place!

  Dan.