ISAKMP - Vendor ID Payload

Is this extension to ISAKMP really necessary. It sounds to me that
what it is meant to achieve can be achieved by defining a vendor
specific DOI - based primarily on the Internet DOI.

Having a DOI ID in, SA Payload, Notification Payload and the Delete
Payload should support use of a different DOI in Phase 2 even if
Phase 1 was established using the Internet DOI.

Adding extra payloads at this stage in the standardisation process is
only opening us up to additional delays - you can bet your bottom
dollar that once you get it in the draft someone will want to change
something !

If it can be worked around using another DOI ID then do that, please
(personally I'm getting quite fed-up with having to read endless
documents that only have minor (non-critical) tweaks in them since
the last version)

- Elfed

 "The views expressed above are entirely  those of
the writer and do not represent the views, policy or
understanding of  any other person or official body."

Elfed T. Weaver
DERA
Malvern
UK