Re: Vendor ID Paylod

>     Elfed> Is this extension to ISAKMP really necessary. It sounds to
>     Elfed> me that what it is meant to achieve can be achieved by
>     Elfed> defining a vendor specific DOI - based primarily on the
>     Elfed> Internet DOI.
>
>   If I offer a new DOI, and the other end doesn't like it, what do I
> do? How I register the new DOI number? How do I find out what bugs in
> my previous versions I need to work around?

If its Vendor specific then I assume the vendor will load images into
their kit that support the functionality they wish to test ?

Bug reports, if Doug Maughan had suggested that we support such
flexibility in ISAKMP 2 years ago the ipsec WG would have erupted
with hoots of SPOOK ! ;-) ;-)

- Elfed
 "The views expressed above are entirely  those of
the writer and do not represent the views, policy or
understanding of  any other person or official body."

Elfed T. Weaver
DERA
Malvern
UK