[IPsec] ANSI X9.62 Groups

>---Lewis  <pseudonym@acm.org>  <http://www.cs.umass.edu/~lmccarth> wrote:
> I'm in favor of adding curves over field sizes of 163 and 239.
> However I oppose including the specific curves defined in ANSI.
> (Are these defns. from NCITS, or X9.62, or some other group?)
> Those curves already present relatively rich targets for
> precomputation attacks by virtue of their inclusion in an ANSI
> standard. Let's put the IPSEC eggs in separate baskets by
> generating some fresh curves for IKE with the requisite field sizes.

The curves found in X9.62 are examples listed in an informative appendix.
The curves that I posted earlier are none of these.

Thank you.
jog

john o goyo, mts
jgoyo@certicom.com
Certicom Corp.
Suite 103, 200 Matheson Blvd. West
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada  L5R 3L7
+1.905.507.4220 (vox)    +1.905.507.4230 (fax)