Re: doi-07/interoperability questions

Ben,

>At the bakeoff, we ran into the small problem of some recent changes to
>the DOI document which caused many machines to be un-interoperable.

The change to use an attribute to fully identify the appropriate AH transform
occured in the Version 3 DOI, which was submitted to the ID on July 31, 1997.
That was eight months and four drafts ago.  I'm sorry you missed it.  It's
release might simply predate your participation on this list.

I think your characterization of this change as being both unexpected and
recent is at odds with the facts.  I also think your assertion that "very few
vendors had actually implemented this" is grossly inaccurate as well.

Derrell