Looking for statement of patent issues re ISAKMP/Oakley

I was putting together a memo on licensing needs for IPSec products,
and looked in the various drafts for guidance.  From what I
understand, IETF standards-track documents are supposed to contain a
section discussing any patent issues that may pertain to the
technology in question.

A number of the transform specs contain such sections (e.g., DES and
IDEA).  Somewhat to my surprise, the ISAKMP/Oakley documents do not.

I also looked in other places (specifically, Scheier) for input.  It
mentioned the well-known fact that RSA is subject to patents and
licenses.  No confusion there.

Scheier also discussed the situation for DSS.  As I read it, it sounds
like the patent situation there is muddled.  In particular, he
mentions a U.S. Government patent (D. Kravitz) supposedly generally
licensed at no cost -- but also mentions that claims have been made
that the Schorr patent applies as well.

Question:  Does anyone have any further insight on this topic?  And
could this be added to the document?

	paul

--
! Paul Koning, NI1D, C-24183