RE: Looking for statement of patent issues re ISAKMP/Oakley

Paul,
	RSA Data Security owns exclusive rights to the
Schnorr patent and RSA's lawyers claim that any implementation
of DSS would infringe this patent.  The US government
disagrees with this interpretation.  The issue has not
been tested in court.
	The current shipping version of BSAFE (3.0) from RSA
contains an implementation of DSS.  The BSAFE 4.0 release,
which is currently in beta, contains all the extra
algorithms needed to fully comply with the FIPS that defines
DSS.  For example, BSAFE 4.0 includes the SHA1 based random
number generator described in the FIPS document.
	Most vendors of IPSec products have already licensed
BSAFE, so the possible patent issues are not a problem.
              --Bob Baldwin
                Technical Director E-Commerce
                RSA Data Security

P.S.  For all of you who want to flame me or RSA for having
patents or for having lawyers, go ahead.  After my first
year at RSA I got used to being flamed whenever I post.