Re: is manual keying mandatory

I am in total agreement with Dan and Steve. If someone wants to commercialize
manual keying - you need to start with SKIX IETF WG first (Symmetric Key
Infrastructure Architecture), similar to PKIX, or use standards like X.17, etc for
key distribution and management - and I wish you lots of luck with it!

But if someone wants to use manual keying for diagnostics only - go ahead - and
differentiate your product in the marketplace, but don't drag me into it by
mandating this useful, but IMHO optional capability.

Slava Kavsan
IRE