Re: Last call and the DOI

Derrell,

Derrell D. Piper writes:

> I'll certainly try to further clarify this in a subsequent revision, but I'd
> appreciate some explicit suggestions on additional wording, as it seems okay
> to me as it is...

I'd suggest the following change in order to make the (DES and 3DES)
sections mimic the following sections for other encryption algorithms.
I was getting confused as to whether the different wording for the DES
and 3DES sections meant we should treat them differently.

4.4.4.2 ESP_DES

   The ESP_DES type specifies the DES transform defined in [DES].

   All implementations within the IPSEC DOI MUST support ESP_DES along
   with the Auth(HMAC-MD5) attribute.  This suite is defined as the
   [DES] transform, with authentication and integrity provided by HMAC
   MD5.

4.4.4.3 ESP_3DES

   The ESP_3DES type specifies the triple-DES transform defined in [ESPCBC].

   All implementations within the IPSEC DOI are strongly encouraged to
   support ESP_3DES along with the Auth(HMAC-MD5) attribute.  This suite
   is defined as the [ESPCBC] transform, with authentication and
   integrity provided by HMAC MD5.

ben