Re: is manual keying mandatory

    Steve> not rehash *that* issue again ;=)). And I think there's a
    Steve> very cogent case to be made that manual keying can't "work"
    Steve> (in a commercial sense of being scalable, supportable,
    Steve> security-risk-free, etc.) in everyday use on 10's of

  I'm sorry, but the spec doesn't say that manual keying has to be any
of these things. It simply must exist.

  Like I said: you can burry your manual keying interface behind
a tty based command line interface that speaks only EBCDIC if you
want, and is available only on Thursdays with full moons.  So long as
someone who arrives at a certification lab has a EBCDIC terminal with
them, it won't matter.

  Just because it is in the spec doesn't mean you have to have it in
your GUI.

]     Network Security Consulting and Contract Programming      |  SSH IPsec  [
]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works, Ottawa, ON    |international[
] mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |strong crypto[