Re: DNS and VPN

Kumar V. Vemuri wrote:

>   b. Recently, in the mailing list, there was a reference to the SKIX
>      (Symmetic Key Infrastructure Architecture) and X.17 in the context
>      of symmetric manual keying in IPSec. Could someone point me to
>      the appropriate IETF group that is working on this ?

It is actually X9.17, which is used by some products to manage distribution
of symmetric keys.
SKIX - is a name for ficticious IETF WG (like AKULA, or DOORAK, etc).
So, I suggested to start this WG to people who want to use manual keing for
commercial use and to use X9.17 as a starting point.

--
Bronislav Kavsan
IRE Secure Solutions, Inc.