Re: Last Call: Security Architecture for the Internet Protocol to Proposed Standard

  Peter,

> comment 3)  Calling something "The Internet Key Exchange" seems a little out
> of place given the wild mileau of Key exchanges floating around in IETF
> working groups, let alone on the Internet at large.

  The other front runner was KEG-- The Key Exchange Gestalt. I happen to
think that gestalt is a nice way to describe it but I just couldn't call
this protocol KEG with a straight face (and I doubt you could either).
Perhaps if we renamed IPSec to be the Basic Encryption Encoding Rules....

  I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean by the "wild mileau of
Key exchanges floating arount in IETF working groups". Care to expand on
that?

  Dan.