RE: Last Call: Security Architecture for the Internet Protocol to Proposed Standard

Phil

At least one company is planning on shipping a high volume product that
makes it easy to use IPSEC end to end in transport mode.  I note there are
other end system companies who are already shipping IPSEC in this manner.
Over time I expect that E2E will be the dominant model.  In the mean time I
agree with your observation that Tunnel mode dominates.

Your proposed partitioning does not solve the problem the SNOOP guys have on
the public network where they want a proxy at the base station (public side)
to massage and manipulate packets based on TCP seq #s to better accomodate
losses and handoffs of mobile stations.

We could probably have an interesting debate as to whether SNOOP is the best
way to go...

cheers, peter