RE: Last Call: Security Architecture for the Internet Protocol to Proposed Standard

The IPSEC group has been in existence for six years now (counting from the
lunch BOF at the '92 San Diego IETF). All the issues we're discussing in this
round of exchanges have already been beaten to death several times over.
IPSEC is as good as it is going to get; we can't be all things to all people,
but we are definitely enough things to most people! Let's leave it at that,
push the protocol further into the standards track, and move on. We
can certainly put our time to more productive use than arguing over
which bits go where.

/ji