Re: Last Call: Security Architecture for the Internet Protocol to Proposed Standard

    Steven> You're right -- IPsec will not permit window-size
    Steven> spoofing.  To understand why, imagine that an enemy were

  Are there not TCP options that allow the window size to be
expanded? I realize that those options are not widely deployed. I will
postulate this:
  - real systems without the expanded window size options probably
	don't have IPsec either.
  - VPN gateways already have a machine at each end that could
	do the window-size spoofing, and in the case of per-host
	keying, already have almost all the state as well. Seems like
	a neat value add to me.

]     Network Security Consulting and Contract Programming      |  SSH IPsec  [
]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works, Ottawa, ON    |international[
] mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |strong crypto[