Re: Status of SKIP

   Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 21:08:02 +0800
   From: Kok Leong <kllow@ncs.com.sg>

   Hi, I am checking with u is the SKIP being dropped from the
   IETF draft? as I have not seen any update to the draft and they
   are not in the IETF list. Any advice?

	The IPSEC working group reached the decision quite a while ago
to pursue other approaches which was felt to be more scaleable and more
flexible than SKIP.  The key management protocol which was ultimately
chosen, and which is currently in IETF Last Call in preparation for
being moved forward on the IETF Standards Track as a Proposed Standard
is IKE, previously known as ISAKMP/Oakley.

	   					- Ted