Re: Radius authentication and client configuration

> At 10:11 AM 4/13/98 -0400, Leonard Schwartz wrote:
> >
> >There are 2 drafts that by introducing a number of additions to ISAKMP
> >main mode exchange attempt to standardize the process:
> >- Extended Authentication Within ISAKMP/Oakley
> ><draft-ietf-ipsec-isakmp-xauth-01.txt> and
> >- The ISAKMP Configuration Method
> ><draft-ietf-ipsec-isakmp-mode-cfg-02.txt
> >
> >Is IPsec working group attempts to standardize these 2 drafts to solve
> >the problem of Radius authentication and client configuration? Or
> >perhaps, there are other alternatives that must be examined?
>
> As discussed at IETF, this issue, and these documents will be part of the
> re-chartering of IPsec.  They are important...
>

> Robert Moskowitz
> ICSA
> Security Interest EMail: rgm-sec@htt-consult.com
Not that I mean to be difficult here, but since the RADIUS WG has shutdown, it
may be more appropriate to add new functionality to the RADIUS replacement.
There is work in progress on a protocol called DIAMETER. I hope to have a BOF
at the Chicago IETF.

PatC

Follow-Ups: References: