RE: ESP Pad byte changes

I was just re-reading this thread and I was concerned about the original question
below.  The implication below is that there may be an interoperability issue.
This is certainly not the case if an implementation is properly SENDING the
correct specified Pad pattern.  (The Pad insertion technique is a MUST in the
ESP document - unless otherwise specified in the algorithm RFC.)
Whether or not a receiver chooses to inspect the Pad should have no bearing
on interoperability.

Bob Doud

IRE Secure Solutions, Inc.
100 Conifer Hill Drive, Suite 513