Re: Radius authentication and client configuration

At 06:07 AM 4/15/98 -0700, pcalhoun@eng.sun.com wrote:

>Not that I mean to be difficult here, but since the RADIUS WG has
shutdown, it
>may be more appropriate to add new functionality to the RADIUS replacement.
>There is work in progress on a protocol called DIAMETER. I hope to have a BOF
>at the Chicago IETF.

Nor I.  The IPsecers have learned that key negotiations need to be done in
a totally secure method.  Roy's proposals are in this light.  Also, next
week I and Ted will get started on the charter and the new work.  Vendors
need a solution by end of summer.

But Ted and I are not ruling out work elsewhere.  Either the Radius or
Mobile stuff....

Robert Moskowitz
ICSA
Security Interest EMail: rgm-sec@htt-consult.com