Re: Radius authentication and client configuration

> Agreed. I threw out the eap-isakmp draft in order to make the list aware of
> it. As for Roy's intent to tie it in with existing token/smart cards I would
> not recommend this. The problem that we are currently faced with is that it
> requires vendors to include proprietary code from token/smart card vendors and
> ties them into a single solution. EAP will provide vendors with the ability to
> support ANY token/smart cards that support EAP.

One does not necessarily need proprietary code from the token/smart card
vendors to make extended authentication work.  As long as the token/smart
card vendor provides a RADIUS, or EAP, or whatever front-end, one can
write a matching back-end to make it work with the ISAKMP implementation.
I know of at least one proof-by-existance...  (One can argue whether or
not such a solution is ideal from a security standpoint, but it does work.)

-Shawn Mamros
E-mail to: smamros@BayNetworks.com