How to select SPD

Hello,

In case of automatic key managent, when the initiator sends multiple
proposals to the responder, the responder has to select one of the
proposal. For this he has to check the proposals that has been sent against
what he can support which are present in his SPD. But how he will select
which incoming SPD entry he has to use? Where do we get the selectors to
select an SPD entry? We will get src and dest IP address from the packet,
but that is not sufficient for selecting an SPD entry.

One more confirmation regarding SPI I want.
Suppose we have two hosts H1 and H2.

If H1 is the initiator and sends SPI values in the proposal to H2, will
this SPI value be used for the outbound SA from H1 or inbound to H1? And
vice versa for H2 when it returns the selected proposal?

Thanking U All.

SrinivasRao. B. Kulkarni
Rendezvous On Chip Pvt Ltd.
First Floor, Plot No. 14,