isakmp attrubute ordering question

I have some questions about parsing and constructing SA payloads
that I was hoping somebody could answer:

1) The ISAKMP draft (sec 4.2) says "The responder SHOULD retain the
Proposal # field in the proposal payload and the Transform # field
in each Transform payload of the selected proposal".

The intent appears to be making it easy for the initiator to determine
what proposal the responder chose. But since the requirement is SHOULD,
the intiator cant count on the # fields and therefore needs to
use other mechanisms, ie compare each attribute, right?

2) The IKE draft (sec 5) states "Responders MUST NOT modify
attributes...". Does this mean responders must also maintain
attribute order within a transform?

3) The IKE draft (sec 5 next sentence) states "If the initiator of
an exchange notices that attribute values have changed..." The term
"notices" seems to be passive and not require that the initiator
actually check for changes. Should this sentence be interpreted
as MUST,SHOULD or MAY check?

Thanks in advance to anyone who comments.

regards,
jeff