Re: [Karen Seo: Thomas Narten -- clarification, etc.]

    Thomas> First, let us assume that we are talking about an
    Thomas> extension header that precedes AH or ESP. Headers that
    Thomas> appear afterwards are considered data to the AH/ESP, so
    Thomas> nothing special needs to be done for them.

  ESP, yes, agreed.

  AH? I thought that all headers are processed in IPv6. Clearly, AH
is not going be a hop-by-hop option, and the end-node options are not
going to be mutable, so what you say is probably true in practice.

]     Network Security Consulting and Contract Programming      |  SSH IPsec  [
]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works, Ottawa, ON    |international[
] mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |strong crypto[