Re: forward progress on IPSec AH

   Date: Tue, 05 May 1998 10:22:32 -0400
   From: Thomas Narten <narten@raleigh.ibm.com>

   > At 01:21 AM 5/5/98 -0400, Theodore Y. Ts'o wrote:
   > >
   > >Comments on the above approach for moving forward?  (Leave the
   > >mutability text alone, and harmonize with the RFC-1883 position which
   > >says that unknown extension headers cause an ICMP code 2 packet.)

   > Ted, I think you have covered it.

   Agreed.

I think we have a workable compromise which everyone is willing to live
with.  I've talked to Karen Seo regarding making these changes, and she
look into updating the draft and fixing these problems.

There were also a set of typographical/editorial changes identified by
Marc Hasson that she will also look at incorporating.  These are mostly
pure editorial changes (i.e., references to section 3.3.2 that really be
section 3.3.3, etc.) or other places where we made a change to one part
of the document, but forgot to make a similar change in another part of
the document, so there was a conflict.  (Changes which require making
any substantive change to the protocol are out of scope at this point;
we will only be making editorial changes.)

Last week we reached a compromise on changing the IANA considerations
text for the DOI text, and the document editor for the DOI should make
those changes and resubmit them as a new I-D.

With these changes, I believe the IPSEC documents should be done and
ready for publication as RFC's, with all issues raised by the IESG
settled.

Thanks to all of those who helped get us to this point.

						- Ted