Re: forward progress on IPSec AH

   Date:     Tue, 5 May 98 16:10:28 EDT
   From: Karen Seo <kseo@bbn.com>

	   Hmmm...I thought we'd been pretty careful about this.  Please
	   let me know where in the AH text we have confused extension
	   headers with either options or extension headers containing
	   options (Hop-by-Hop and Destination).  That should certainly get
	   fixed.

They really are minor nits, but since you asked, these were the ones
which I was able to find:

In section 4.1 of the security architecture document:

   ... In the
   case of AH, the protection is also extended to selected portions of
   the IP header (and options).  For more details on the coverage
   afforded by AH, see the AH specification [KA98a].

"IP header (and options)" should probably read something like this "IP
header, extension headers (IPV6), and options (IPV4/IPV6)".

In section 3.3.3.1.2.2  Extension Headers -- Options:

  "The IPv6 extension headers (that are options)..."

should probably read "that contain options", since the extension header
isn't itself an option.  This was one of the things which confused me
until I read RFC 1883.  I'd probably also change the section title to be
"Extension Headers Containing Options".

A similar change should probably  be made to the following section,
3.3.3.1.2.3  Extension Headers -- non-Options.

							- Ted