Re: ipsec vs. firewalls

> >Finally, I suspect that some people will regard anything that
> >cripples firewalls as a feature.  With all due respect, I tend
> >to differ...
>
> (rising to the bait) Firewalls are dead. Get used to it. :-)
>
> Phil

Hum, I suspect that this is not entirely true, its just that
most existant firewall technology is not optimally placed.
If it moves from somewhere just outside the node, to just inside
the node, (and we'll not quibble over the span of control issues on
who gets to set the policy screens) then I think that firewalls
are alive and well.

--
--bill

Follow-Ups: References: