RE: ipsec vs. firewalls

Steve

In reference:

> That's the easy thing to fix -- throw silicon at the problem.  While,
> as I indicated earlier, I don't think firewalls are dead, I whole-
> heartedly agree that current corporate-scale firewalls are dinosaurs.
> But the problem is connectivity patterns, not speed.

True, but that type of silicon comes with a high price.  The cost and
manpower curves on firewalls are much steeper than the rest of the
infrastructure; we need technology and concepts that bring these back
into line.  Your last sentence starts to get to the heart of the
problem.
Take care,

Terry L. Davis, P.E.
Security Systems Integration