Re: certificate key usage in IKE

Dan,

Point of reference.
One large company (Microsoft) in its CryptoAPI distinguishes the SignatureKey
from the KeyExchangeKey. The SignatureKey can be used for signatures only, but
the KeyExchangeKey can be used for both - signatures and key exchanges
(encryption). This makes KeyExchangeKey less restrictive and therefore very
popular in the Microsoft's certificate model.

--
Bronislav Kavsan
IRE Secure Solutions, Inc.