Re: ipsec vs. firewalls

Dan Stromberg writes:
> > The problem is that for a corporate network of any substantial
> >   size, there will *never* be a way to make the interior
> >   crunchy.
>
> I have to disagree.
>
> Eventually, I believe it is reasonable to expect that vendors will
> automate patch application, and that patches will be obtained from the
> vendor over the network.

I don't mean to sound nasty here, but in some of the financial
environments I work in integration labs work year round carefully
vetting applications before rollout, and nothing hits the production
equipment without extensive testing. Are you going to tell me that
people who have to be that paranoid lest you call up bitching about
your broker not being able to get a trade done for you are going to
let random vendors automatically change software on their networks?

No way in hell.

Perry

Follow-Ups: References: