Re: Latest AH/ESP/Arch drafts and changes

Karen

At 01:16 11/05/98 -0400, Karen Seo wrote:
>Folks,
>
>In follow-up to the IESG vote/feedback and recent email...
>
>1. Per direction from Ted Ts'o, we are sending to the IETF secretariat
>   and the mailing list, revised versions of the following drafts:
>        o AH -- draft-ietf-ipsec-auth-header-06.txt
>        o ESP -- draft-ietf-ipsec-esp-v2-05.txt
>        o Architecture -- draft-ietf-ipsec-arch-sec-05.txt
>
>   These drafts contain the changes listed below in part 1 and part 2.

Bit disappointed to see that you did not tidy up the item concerning the
handling of IPv6 hop-limit when using tunnel-mode between two boxes, as
opposed to the case of forwarding into a tunnel.  I think that the
discussion here and on the IPNG list agreed that the wording required
clarification to differentiate the cases.  Is there a reason, or is it a
future task, or was it done anyway but not included in your abstract?

Regards

Peter Curran

Follow-Ups: References: