RE: isakmp sa attributes

I don't know if you had this answered, but anyway...

> My quess would be that the group type and field size attributes are only for
>private
>groups and are therefore not required as part of the negotiation.  Is this
>correct? If so, what should be done if, for example, these attributes are
>included when specifying one of the 4 standard groups?

IKE states on page 6:

 Group attributes (such as group type or prime--
   see Appendix A) MUST NOT be offered in conjunction with a previously
   defined group (either a reserved group description or a private use
   description that is established after conclusion of a New Group Mode
   exchange).

So, I guess you could decide that a proposal providing attributes along
with a pre-defined group is an invalid proposal.

Eric Hastings