Fwd: Re: 40bit DES?

I do think people are going to want these weak ciphers.  Whether it's because
of their politics, or because they want clearly useless demo-ware (my favorite
reason) or because their marketing staff don't care as long as the customers
pay money for it, or whatever.  Jim does have a point however, there's a
variety of features in IKE that would allow negotiation of private ciphers,
why
not just let people who want 40 bit DES or 6 bit DES or 504-bit 9DES negotiate
their own thing?  I think we've met the "be architecturally responsible"
criteria by allowing private negotiation.