New key-recovery mailing list

Folks,

As I promised Bob Moskowitz, I've finally set up a key recovery mailing list.
I know this is a volatile subject.  Let's keep the flames and personal beliefs
about key recovery down, and see if we can't get some solution to the export
problem.  Also, please use judgment in cross-posting to the ipsec mailing list,
so that we don't clutter mailboxes, and create flame wars.

In particular, the issues we should stick to relate to how to perform key
recovery, both for IPSec as well as TLS/SSL, what we know/believe to be the
various governments' policies on key recovery and cryptography restrictions.
Everyone seems to know that the U.S. gov't has some restrictions, but do other
countries, e.g., France?

"subscribe key-recovery" in the body of the message or to
key-recovery-request@raleigh.ibm.com with just "subscribe".

This is currently an unmoderated list.  I am the list owner, so please direct
all adminstrative questions to me, either at key-recovery-owner@raleigh.ibm.com
or kompella@us.ibm.com.

Vach Kompella
IBM Corp.