RE: 40bit DES?

blah, blah, blah..... Regardless of what your opinion is, in the real
world we are forced with export issues.  Sure 40-bit DES isn't secure,
but it sure is a lot better than no encryption or not having any sales?
Its time to move from the theoretical to the practical.  I can dream of
a day when we all live together in harmony with world peace, but reality
dictates something else, doesn't it?