RE: 40bit DES?

Actually it doesn't hurt my organization at all, since we are a Canadian
corporation and we can export 56-bit DES without key-recovery to almost
anywhere.  I am just thinking about all those poor US companies that
will not be able to export IPSec due to the US's export laws.  I agree
with you about the severity of the situation for American (and Canadian)
organizations, but I disagree using US based IPSec companies as martyrs.

We have to ask ourselfs if we wish to use IPSec as a vehicle to change
the US government's export laws, or do we wish to make a PROTOCOL.  I
vote for making an interoperable protocol.  There must be other ways to
get the US gov to changes its export laws.