RE: 40bit DES?

> From: Dan Stromberg [mailto:strombrg@hydra.acs.uci.edu]
>
> How about making Cryptographically Challenged IPSEC an unrequired
> option, kind of like SKIP?

I would hope that this discussion is about making 40bit DES a MAY and
not a MUST.  While I can see the need for it, I wouldn't want to be
forced to support it.  If an internet draft comes out detailing 40bit
DES for ESP, then it would be up to the individual company to support it
or not.  Just like supporting 40bit RC5 or 40 bit CAST.

SKIP?  What the hell does that have to do with IPSec?  ;-)
(It was actually quite amusing to see last week's press release from Sun
about how SKIP is the predominant KMP in the Internet)