Items for new charter

Yes, i know that the current IDs are just dragging along.  getting the
'last' nits in so they can get published. Ted is doing a good job of
bird-dogging that effort, and it is past time to write the new charter.

To this end, I have put together a list of items that looks reasonable to
tackle.

I want people to review them, and comment/subtract/add.  then I will rough
out a new charter for the group.

	 1) fix broken but usable

	 Tero's issue with IKE.
	 Rekeying (well not so much as broke, but do we have the heuristic
		right?)

	 2) desperately needed functionality

	 Host bootstrap (config)
	 Extended Authentication
	 Policy/tunnel endpoint discovery
	 Attribute Certs? KX records?  ICMP messages?
		Something else?
	 ICMP messages (TTL exceeded, port/host unreachable, admin
	 denied, ipsec-specific).

	 3) wise things to do

	 PMTU (Path MTU) for tunnels
	 Standardized error codes
	 MIBs
	 HMAC-RIPEM (EU wants THEIR standards included, reasonably enough)

	 4) nice touches.

	 MAC-DES
	 Other encryption algorithms
	 Other key exchange protocols
	 Simple and advanced crypto API
	 Dynamic discovery of complex ipsec topologies.

Robert Moskowitz
ICSA
Security Interest EMail: rgm-sec@htt-consult.com