Re: mutiple phase 1 tunnel and proxy ID issues

If FQDN or DN is used to negotiate Phase 2 tunnel, the FQDN or DN
needs to be translated to ID address so that SPD entry can be
created for packets processing. This ID->IP address translation
can be done through DNS lookup. But for a mobile user whose
address is dynamically given, DNS lookup is probably not
going to work. So some mechanism is needed to notify
the remote gateway of this address mapping so that a new SPD
entry can be created on that remote gateway.

Cliff

bkavsan@ire-ma.com on 05/26/98 05:55:03 PM
Please respond to bkavsan@ire-ma.com