Re: mutiple phase 1 tunnel and proxy ID issues

Kai,

Thanks for pointing out the security holes here. This is exactly
what I thought to be the problem using FQDN or DN in phase 2
negotiation. We can use FQDN or DN to negotiate, but in order
to start processing packet we need to add SPD entries which require
ID to IP address translation. Unless secure DNS lookup is used,
using incoming packets or insecure DNS lookup may pose
a security threat.  In addition when a mobile user or dial-in user's
 IP address is dynamically assigned, DNS lookup may not be feasible.

cliff

owner-ipsec@ex.tis.com on 05/27/98 04:47:07 AM
Please respond to kai@imib.med.tu-dresden.de