ESP Qs

A few questions from my latest read of the latest draft...

1) Does IKE support indicating that anti-replay is not offered ( r to i
), i.e. that the ESP sequence number will not be checked?
2) If the sender (same as initiator?) is told that there is no checking,
should it leave the sequence number at zero?
3) In the case of manual-keying - when anti-replay SHOULD NOT be used,
should the value of Sequence number be left zero?
4) The IPSEC DOI seems to suggest that implicit IV is the ONLY MUST,
with explicit IV as the 'old way'.  Most implementations I've seen only
support explicit IV.

Cheers, Steve.

Stephen Waters
DEVON, UK