Re: SA sharing question

Dan,

Seems to me it  is a policy issue. When packet from
a1 to b1 triggers the IKE negotiation, if IDci=a1
and IDcr=b1, that SA can never be shared by a2-b2.
Only when IDci=SUBnet A IDcr=Subnet B,  that SA
can be used by any traffic between A and B. For
that case, the SA is defined to be used for the
whole subnet..  However, I guess whether to use
host a1-b1 or subnet A -B in the IDci/IDcr for the
first SA is a local policy issue.
thanks,
cliff

dharkins@cisco.com on 05/28/98 12:07:02 PM