Inbound processing Q

	I have a Q related to the description of inbound processing in
the IPSEC architecture:

	When a responder processes an IKE/ESP phase-2 from a remote
peer, the SPD can be search for a policy
	that matches the peer's IP address and supports one of the
cypher-suits being proposed. No other selcotor can
	be used to select the best SPD entry at this point.

	Once the inbound ESP-SA is in place and data starts arriving,
the packets are de-tunneled (say) and decrypted. At
	that moment, if we are down to a packet that needs forwarding,
the selectors fields from the packet and the cypher-suit 	are
matched against the inbound SPD entries, and if no match is found, the
correct action appears to be to discard the 	packet!

	It seems that Inbound-specific SPD entries may need to include
more 'any' and 'wildcard' selector values than the 	outbound SPD
entries.

	This suggests that phase-2 should allow negotiation of selector
fields so the the responder can then find a policy that
	fuller covers the remote peer's selector ranges/explict
values/wildcards.

	Steve.