Multi-homed nodes and SAs for incoming packets

Hi,

Question on multi-homed nodes. This may have been previously hashed in
the mailing list already. If so, I would appreciate if you could refer me
to a mail archival. Thanks.

Say, a VPN node X is multi-homed (i.e., has multiple network interfaces
and IP addresses); and is using IKE application to negotiate IPsec SAs.
X is supposed to use the tuple of (<Dest. address>, SPI, <protocol>) to
find the SA the incoming packet belongs to. In reality, the destination
IP address doesnt matter so long as it matches one of the addresses used
by X.  Most nodes are likely to have a single SPI index table (per
protocol, may be) for the box, not one for each address of the box.

So, is it fair to assume that an SPI, once nogitiated using one address
of the box, is equally valid for all addresses pertaining to the same box?
If not, what are the logistics against this?

Thanks.

cheers,
suresh