Re: DNS and X.501 DistinguishedName

Thanks Greg,

I see.

So I can generate an X.509 certificate request from
the system's domain name or one of it's IP addresses,
(and I should make that user selectable.)

However, the subjectAltName is specific to an X.509
certificate request and so I believe I still need
a way to enter an X.500 distinguished name into the
system for LDAP services, unless there is a similar
alternate name construct for LDAP?

/Eric Bomarsi