Re: KEA and SKIPJACK declassified

There are several implementations already available (the one from
Finland appeared about 1hr after the news release; I didn't finish
mine until later that day), and Biham has already made some progress
in attacking a reduced (16 round) version of the cipher.

Unfortunately, the document available on the NIST site is rather
difficult to read in some critical places, notably in the F() table,
because it is a PDF of a scan. The version of the document on
http://www.jya.com/skipjack-spec.htm in HTML is more readable, and
includes a cleaned up version of the F() table data (which took some
work for most of us to figure out.)

Some people I know are working on converting the whole thing into
TeX for archival documentary purposes.

.pm