Re: Byte-count lifetime enforcement?

Dan,

Good point.  Sorry the arch doc was not clear enough on this point.  For
both AH and ESP, my intent was to count IP payload, prior to adding the ESP
header and trailer.  (This makes it easy to use the IP total length value
that is already available to the implementation.) The text suggests more of
an algorithm input approach;  I don't recall who proivided that clarifying
text, but I apologize for not having examined it more closely.  I don't
like the algorithm input approach as it seems ambiguous when we apply two
algorithms, i.e., for encryption and authentication, since they cover
different sets of bytes!

Steve